Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Good Friendship Turned Sour...

"Who finds a faithful friend, finds a treasure"
--Jewish Saying

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend."

-- Albert Camus

Friendship quotes... Much have been heard and said about friendship. But what is the real essence of being a friend?


What usually comes to my mind when asked to define this word is that, a friend is someone you can easily talk to about anything, unbiased, a friend stays thru thick and thin, someone I trust and who trusts me in return.


But what happens when it turns sour? To the point where you just don't want to be friends anymore?


Sometimes little misunderstandings not solved immediately usually lead to bigger problems. And when pride sets in, parties involved would rather wait who would approach who first, even if both knows who have erred.


Sometimes dishonesty plays a part, or the people involved discover that they don't have the same interests or goals, or whatever they thought brought them together in the first place. It isn't always a case of betrayal or cheating or loss, although those things are sometimes the reason. It can be simply a lack of common ground.


We all experience this once or many times in our lives. One good thing about this not so good experience is that, it makes us more stronger and wiser in choosing the next person to be our friend and treasuring those who have been good and faithful to us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment